Which of the thousands of FLOSS packages do you truly respect, either for their
effect on the community or their perceived difficulty in terms of coding?
Here's my list (alphabetical order):
* Apache (web server)
* GCC (larger-than-life compiler)
* GLibc (GNU C library)
* Linux (ultra-capable kernel, superstar of FLOSS)
* WINE (1.3 SLOC - runs binaries compiled for Windows)
2ndary (alphabetical orfer):
* APT (Debian packaging system)
* Blender (3D modeller/renderer)
* GIMP (image manipulator)
* Octave (language for numerical computations)
I expect this list to change as time goes on. What's yours?