Re: [OT] Debian is ugly -- package for beautification?

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 10:42 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2005-05-14, Ron Johnson penned:
> >
> > On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 09:55 -0400, Bob Freemer wrote:
> >
> >> high-resolution console bootup, etc.  I agree these should not be
> >> part of a default install, but is there a simple meta-package or
> >> something that could customize the system scripts to make things a
> >> bit "prettier?"
> >
> > Prettier???  Is that what's keeping your SO from using Linux?
> >

> Stereotype much?

You'll have to pardon me while I play devil's advocate here :), but the
gender of the significant other wasn't specified (though it obviously
may have been implied). And, since it wasn't, in-fact, specified, then
your response could be construed as a stereotype of the gender of a
significant other.

But if I wasn't just playing devil's advocate here, I'd agree with your
initial statement. :)

p.s. In all fairness to Ron, he's never held back from speaking his mind
on this list which, in my case at least, is why I value him so much as a
member of the community.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837