Re: Configuring X on Intel 82845 gl board

>If you're on a network, don't bother with downloading the ISO images.
>Just change your "/etc/apt/sources.list" file to change all occurences
>of "stable" to "sarge" (except the security line; leave it at "stable"),
>then run the two commands "apt-get update" and "apt-get dist-upgrade".
How do I configure apt for a DSL connection. I am connected to the internet through a DSL connection and ethernet card.

>Sounds like you either made ext2 support a module, or you did not
>include it at all.
yes you are right. I had skipped the ext2 module support,
i will try again.

>Once you do the apt-get update/dist-upgrade as mentioned above, you can
>easily get a pre-built 2.4 kernel with "apt-cache search
>kernel-image-2.4" to see which versions are available, then "apt-get
>install kernel-image-2-4<whatever version you need>".
I am on XP right now as the X output is terrible.
plz help

Shatam Bhattacharya
New Delhi,
India