Re: cdrecord invocation under kernel-2.6.11

Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> I have a linux box with an IDE cd-rw on secondary master
> (/dev/hdc), some how cdrecord balks at this device:
>
> # cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=/dev/hdc cdimage
>
> it does not like dev=/dev/hdc, so what is the correct
> device here?

That only works with 2.6 kernels.  If you don't have a 2.6 kernel, you have
to do a "cdrecord -scanbus" and use the 0,0,X number of the burner that you
want to use like:

cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,X cdimage.iso

If "cdrecord -scanbus" doesn't show anything and you don't have a 2.6
kernel, then you have to try and set up your CD-RW as a SCSI device on an
IDE port (a pain in the *ss).  If nothing shows up and you have a 2.6
kernel, try "cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATA" and see if they show up.

Hope this helps.