Re: Configuring X on Intel 82845 gl board

shatam bhattacharya wrote:

> I am having trouble in configuring X on my system. I am using the
> following configuration
> -Intel 82845 GL motherboard
>
> uname -r says ----
> 2.2.20-idepci
>
> XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System
> (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6510)
> Release Date: 21 December 2001

I highly recommend you upgrade to Testing or Sid (unless you have some
reason to stay on Woody, assuming that's what you're running). You'll
get a newer version of X, and a 2.4 kernel is just an apt-get install
away instead of having to compile your own.

If for some reason you don't want to upgrade to Testing, please provide
more info. Is it just the apg/drm modules you're having trouble with, or
is X not starting at all, or something else entirely? What errors are
you getting?

--
Kent