Re: What BackUPS?

> Finally the question, what BackUPS do you use that Debian interacts with.

I have configured many APC UPS with Debian, just use the serial cable to
conect the UPS to the server and the apcd package to monitor it.

I remember that the server also booted up automagically once the electricity
came back, I don't remember the details (if it was because it did a "suspend"
instead of a shutdown), but it was very useful because most servers were in
remote locations (nobody there to push the button).

> Well we had some rain and lightning and thunder and winds yesterday and i was
> asleep in my chair...  lost all of my uptime becuase my old BackUPS was dead.

By the way, how many years is expected a UPS to last? the one I have is now 4
years old, it works ok, but I don't know if it would be a good idea to buy a
new one "just to be safe".

Regards:

Nacho

--
No book comes out of a vacuum (G. Buehler)
http://www.lascartasdelavida.com