Re: Cacti Problems

Stephen Le wrote:

I'm running Debian-testing and I've been unable to get Cacti to
produce any graphs. When I manually attempt to execute poller.php, I
get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function:  mysql_connect() in
/usr/share/cacti/site/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line
339

I've verified that I have the latest cacti, php4-mysql, libphp-adodb,
mysql-server, and etc packages. Does anybody know how to get Cacti to
work?

Thanks.
You need to manually configure MySQL. right now it's giving you an error because you have no access to mysql. Inside /usr/share/docs/cacti/something there is a .sql file that you need to use to create the database, then you need to setup a cacti user or give cacti the right user/password to connect to that database. When you have your database created and some sort of access setup to mysql.

dpkg-reconfigure cacti

it'll ask you for the username and password for mysql

-Mike