Re: unable to create bcm5700 driver!

Amira Youssef schrieb:
Hello,
I've installed the debian package bcm5700-source.deb and it has created 2 dir: debian --> contains some changelog, control, rules files
src --> contains Makefile, bcm* files
when I follow Broadcom readme file and make the driver it creates a faulty one with lots of undefined symbols. Should I make use of the debian dir.? I'm running Woody 2.4.18-1-686-smp Note: couldn't locate tg3 source and couldn't install kernel 2.4.27

Hi Amira

I used these bcm5700 drivers for quite a long time on two proliant ml 350 servers, but recently I switched to a newer kernel than the 2.4.18, which supports the broadcom chips natively. It's a 2.4.27 from www.backports.org. Use the trigon "tg3" module which runs flawlessly with most broadcom gigabit chips.

All you need to do is adding the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable kernel-image-2.4.27-i386

Unless you prefer compiling you're own kernel, of course.

Regards

Marcel