tailored kernel cdrecord problems

Hi,

I debian running in this system:

# P4 1M L2 Cache 2.8 FSB 800Mhz HyperThreading
# Intel D865GLC
# 2Gb of 400Mhz DDR memory
# WD ATA 200Gn
# intel Ethernet Pro 100 82557/8/9
# ATA DVDRW device
3,0,0 300) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW SOHW-1633S' 'BS0K' Removable CD-ROM

Two weeks ago I decided to tailor the kernel for that hardware
so I started downloading the latest linux kernel sources
(vanilla 2.6.11.7). Then I run make allnoconfig in order to have
a minimal config file. Then I run make menuconfig and from there
I chose the options to match my hardware and needs. You can find
the config file here:

http://www.is04607.com/files/config-linux-2.6.11.7-intelD865GLC.txt

I am currently using the new kernel but there is one little issue
that I cannot get working: The DVD/CD writter. Every time I try
to record a CD cdrecord complains:

-------------------------------
# cdrecord -dummy dev=3,0,0 -eject -v /home/drio/livecd.iso
Track 01: 0 of 157 MB written.cdrecord: Input/output error. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 08 03 00 00
Sense Key: 0x4 Hardware Error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x08 Qual 0x03 (logical unit communication crc error (ultra-dma/32)) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 40.554s timeout 40s

write track data: error after 0 bytes
cdrecord: A write error occured.
cdrecord: Please properly read the error message above.

I pass the hdc=ide-scsi to the kernel and I have the scsi-ide emulation
compiled into the kernel.

The CDwriter is working fine with the debian kernel image so I assume there
is some kernel option (or the lack of it) that is generating these problems.

Can you guys check the config file and telling me if there is something
wrong in there?

Thanks,

David