Re: /dev/psaux deleted; mknod helps but not permanent

Hello

Eric Speas, MLIS (<eric.speas@gmail.com>) wrote:

> Thanks for the input (sorry about the pun ;)  I think I am running
> udev on my system.  I'll try modprobe and while I'm at it, I'll check
> the /etc/modprobe.d/ directory and /etc/modprobe.conf on my systems at
> work (which also run Debian Sarge) for added information.  Hopefully I
> can get this fixed by tonight.

If /etc/modprobe.conf exists, remove it. modprobe reads information
directly from /etc/modprobe.d, if /etc/modprobe.conf does not exist,
and recent versions of update-modules don't generate /etc/modprobe.conf
from the contents of /etc/modprobe.d anymore.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976