Re: INSTALLATION PROBLEM

Emmanuele BARBARO wrote:

>I've installed the latest TESTING version and I've found some problems:
>
>MY SOUND BLASTER wasn't found.
>
>AUDIGY 2 ZS PLATINUM PRO audio card.
>
>For audio card I've found in INFO CENTER that the card is recognized
>but, in section SYNTH there'is nothing and, I belive, for this reason I
>don't hear any sound.

You're probably not a member of the "audio" group. Run the command
"groups" to see which groups to which you belong.

If you're not a member of "audio", you can do something like "adduser
barbaro audio" as root. Then log out and log back in. Does sound work now?

If not, try running "modconf" and see if you can find a module for your
audigy.

--
Kent West
Technology Support