Re: KDE

Hello

Paul Akkermans (<paulakkermans@wanadoo.nl>) wrote:

> I am trying to install kde on my Debian system. But when I try to do
> this I get the message below. When I try to run apt-get -f install it
> also doesn't work. Can anybody help me?
>
> debian:/home/paul# apt-get install kde
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   kde: Depends: libkmid or
>                 libkmid-alsa but it is not going to be installed or
>                 libkmid-bin but it is not installable
>        Depends: kdebase but it is not going to be installed or
>                 kdebase3 but it is not installable

Die you try apt-get -f install yet, as apt-get proposed? Also try to
install the problematic packages, e.g.

apt-get install kdebase3
or
apt-get install kdebase

If these are held back because of other packages that "are not going to
be installed", install those packages and repeat, until you find the
problem.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270