Re: NFS failover

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 05:04:35PM -0700, liz wrote:
> Quick question, in Solaris I have the option of specifying multiple
> NFS servers for failover purposes? Does debian have support for this.
> I edited the /etc/fstab and added multiple hostnames but I get an
> error saying that they are not supported. However, I have been told
> linux does support this feature. So which is it :P

I just found this page:
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-adv/nis.htm#_Toc92809819

I've done a fair bit of NIS stuff with Debian and Mandrake,
so it looks like some of the stuff in there (e.g., the
/etc/sysconfig/network file) is Red Hat/Mandrake specific.
However, the general outline seems right for Debian. Step 8
in particular seems like the place where you'd define the
slave server. (Bad as the terminology is, that's the phrase
you'll want to Google for: NIS+"slave server".)

Let me know if that helps you.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org