Re: problems with a new kernel

--- Marc Jackson <dechon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running debian linux on an Alpha machine.  I've
> made a new kernel
> in order to support iptables.  When I try to boot,
> using the new
> kernel, I get an error message about aboot not
> knowing the compression
> method.  I checked in the config file and it's using
> gzip -9.
>
> I've seen this error message before, and the
> suggestion was to "boot
> device -flags 0".
> I tried this and this didn't work either.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc

Hello Marc I had a problem like yours a couple of
months a go and if my memory is still working I
resolved it adding initrd to the parameters that I
pass to make-kpkg, this solution obviously only apply
if your are using the make-kpkg command so the
solution comes like:

make-kpkg --initrd -rev MYOWN kernel_image

and that's all.

I hope this help

Kind Regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)
--

Yahoo! Mail