Re: Ctrl + F11 not working in Eclipse

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 09:57:28PM +0200, hjvm@freenet.de wrote:

> I'm using Eclipse and Ctrl + F11 is not working, i. e. nothing happens
> instead of running the last program. If I use Ctrl + F11 outside Eclipse,
> e. g. for switching the virtual desktops assuming you have at least
> eleven, everything is fine.

The latter might exactly be your problem...
Not that "everything is fine" ;) but that the window manager / desktop
is making use of the respective key events (Ctrl-F*), and doesn't pass
them on to the target application.  It's kind of consuming the events
before Eclipse has a chance to take notice of them...

The details of how these things behave depend on the specific
implementations -- X doesn't enforce any rules that applications would
have to abide by.  Normally the window manager is the first to evaluate
events, but there are also some applications like vmware, rdesktop and
the like, which 'capture' all key events until you explicitly tell them
to return to cooperative mode.

Which window manager / desktop are you using?

To check whether that really is the cause, you could temporarily run a
different window manager, which isn't using this Ctrl-F* key combination.
If Eclipse is then working as intended, you'd have to figure out how to
change key bindings in either the window manager or Eclipse...

Good luck,
Almut