Re: broadband question

Kent West wrote:
Lee Braiden wrote:

On Sunday 08 May 2005 17:55, Peter Klauer wrote:

I have tried many ways to configure for a connection to my Comcast
Broadband service to no avail.

ipconfig keeps giving me this:
dummy0   Link encap:Ethernet   HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00

This means nothing to me. Any help?

Why post stuff that's meaningless to you?

Probably because he thought it might have meaning to the list. I'm sure
you didn't mean to sound harsh . . . .

 Tell us what the problem is, and
what you've tried to fix it ;)

Ah, yes, there's the "smiley" face, indicating that you didn't mean to
sound harsh.

Peter, what's the contents of "/etc/network/interfaces"?

When I enter  "/etc/network/interfaces"  either as user or root I get
bash: /etc/network/interfaces: Permission denied
Peter