Re: sudden slow display response

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 03:37:09PM +0100, michael wrote:
> I also get a slow display response, seemingly whenever the filesystem is
> accessed (see below too). Can't see anything wrong so please help. The

I saw this same problem some time ago, and it was related to IRQs, the graphic
card was using the same IRQ than the hard disk, and so when you heavy used the
filesystems the graphic card became like freezed during small time intervals,
such as 2 seconds freezed and 3 seconds not freezed and so...

Could you look at your IRQs? Just execute this command:

cat /proc/interrupts

Also, you may want to have a look at BIOS settings, often there are settings
there related to the video card, such as using or not a IRQ, or which to use,
or about usage memory of it...

Hope it helps ;-)

Nacho

--
No book comes out of a vacuum (G. Buehler)
http://www.lascartasdelavida.com