filesystem writes not visible to other users?

I have this strange issue that is very odd.. heres an example:

I edit a testfile in php in eclipse on my windows machine on my local
net.  I save the file to /var/www/ud/test/bug.15.test.php over my
samba volume.

I load the directory in firefox, but the file is not visible.

I check through a shell if the file exists, and cat it.  Everything
indicates that the write succeeded.  It is chmodded 0775 (a la 'ls
-l').

I attain sudoroot, and check.  The file is there, as it should be.

I tell one of my users to check, and he says the file does not exist.
He also checks with sudoroot.  No file.

I log in locally as root (maybe its a user-session thing?), and the
file does not exist.

This happens to me under kernels 2.4 and 2.6 (latest debian packages for both).

I cannot for the life of me track down this problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Scott