Re: Backup mirror machine

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 01:40:31AM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:
> > But that system turns out to be harder to keep in sync.
>
> nope ... actually trivial

    moseley@bumby:~$ trivial
    -bash: trivial: command not found

I must not have it installed.  You didn't provide a pointer to trivial
and it doesn't seem to be a Debian package.  I'll try google.

> > Or maybe mount the dirs instead.
>
> that assumes the other remote dirs or other disk on the machine
> is working

Yes.  I guess that would mean that to be able to use the disk that it
is indeed working.

You mean Linux-HA, as in http://www.linux-ha.org/?

> if ha doesnt do what you want ... you're barking up the wrong tree

Yes, I think I must be.

> and making things 100x more complicated than it needs to be, as
> the master/slave issues has long since been solved a gazillion
> different ways  ( and your methodology unfortunately has too many "holes"
> that it will not work even if it was built as you say )

Good point.  That helps.  Thanks for the pointers.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org