Re: Auto Disconnecting...

At First, Thanks for Your Attention.

Problem occurs in my test/dev system so I have all root privileges and
direct access to the host.

Host OS: Debian Woody.
It's standard installation - server + development tools.

telnet daemon:
in.telnetd in /usr/sbin/  it's 0.17-18woody2 according to dpkg
managed by inted and indirectly by tcpd daemon as stated in inetd.conf:

telnet stream tcp nowait telnet.telnet /usr/sbin/tcpd
usr/sbin/in.telnetd

Remote machine: Win2k
telnet client:
1. standard MS telnet implementation
2. puTTy (telnet protocol)
3. puTTy (ssh2 protocol)

I run clients in ordinary ANSI and VT-100 modes

Watch out! Please, think at first of all that obvious things newbies
always forget or don't know at all!

Sincerely Yours

JW, CAS