Re: Background question

On Friday 06 May 2005 01:44 am, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On Friday 06 May 2005 07:14, M. Maas wrote:
> > M. Maas wrote:
> > > Hello List,
> > >
> > > Between the boot splash and the graphical login manager, there is a
> > > screen with a black and white checkerd background and a big black
> > > "X" which is the mouse.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to change this background to something
> > > prettier, as to make the switch from bootsplash to login manager,
> > > somewhat more fluent?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Mark
> >
> > No takers then?
> >

> You can't.  I believe it is hardcoded in the depths of X.  (Perhaps the newer
> X stuff from X.org might do something differently)
>

> --
> Alan Chandler
> http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Holy cow..  I just read this a couple of weeks ago and actually found the image...  it's actually a 'x' on a light-gray background that is tiled on the screen....  I'm not sure what would happen if you were to mess with it..
Wish I could remember the name and local...  think it was in X11 directories somewhere...

Sorry I couldn't be more specific..

--
Cheers: Mike

.. Now, a little humor compliments of Linux Fortune...

Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...