Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II based on Cirrus Logic CS4624 on Debian Sarge

Sorry my poor English.

I have a Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II sound card which the main DSP chipset is Cirrus Logic CS4624,the codec chipset is CS4294-JQ. The card by default is NOT working on the Headphone mode,so i always have to use the soft-way to swich to headphone mode from the Sound driver pannel.

My goal: Use headphone to listen to musics.

Problems: On Linux Debian Sarge,i added Sound support to kernel as built-in, added ALSA support to kernel as module,added OSS API/Mixer support to kernel as modules,added Crystal CS46XX support to kernel as module,added Crystal CS46XX New DSP support to kernel as module.

After all of those been done,the sound worked but Only In Rear/Front mode. I have tried adjusting stuff with/in ALSAMIXER,there i checkmark 'HEADPHONE' in the control pannel ,nothing happen.The only change were made from doing that was when i was connecting my Headphone to the Rear Speaker port in one of the 4 jets on the back of the sound card,other than that,by checkmarking 'Headphone' in ALSAMIXER it even DOESN'T give a responce.

In physically i was connecting my Headphone to the HEADPHONE jet in sound card since it doesn't work aka NO sound out that could be hear by humen being ^-^ since then i had to connect my headphone through the cable to the Rear/Front speaker port in the sound card,yeah,in that mode i could hear a bit of sound with firing up the slider to the most of the 70% position in the Volume control ,actually the Volume was way to low i knew why cuz i have read DOC about the card that is it DOES use a chipset in the card to burn the sound ONLY WHEN you are using a headphone to connect to its Headphone port,and that is required and that is why that chipset is there for,without it even you could switch to Headphone mode however the Volume will be low cuz many GOOD headphones' specs according to the original design.

Sorry to confuse ya'all,let me come to a conclusion about this thread:

On Linux Debian Sarge,it CANNOT switch to HEADPHONE mode,but only work on the Rear/Front speaker mode that is all.

How to solve this problem or someone was lucky to get it worked Please Email me would be really appreciated it :( :)

ever00t@hotmail.com

Regard

与世界各地的朋友进行交流,免费下载 MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/cn