Re: debian sarge/testing question

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 04:48:52PM +0200, Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 04:42:17PM +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:
> > Hi,

> > -is lilo still supported or is grub the default boot loader and does
> > grub defaul install on a /dev/md* device like lilo does? (so I one disk
> > fails..you can boot from the other...)
>
> Yes and yes : lilo is supported and offered as an option during
> installation, but grub is the default.
> >
> > -can I simply upgrade my testing/sarge box to the Sarge Final release
> > when it's done at 30 May 2005 ?
>
> Yes. However, if your /etc/apt/sources.list points to "testing", you
> will have to change that to either "sarge" or "stable" (I would
> recommend "sarge").

I had a lot of trouble getting a floppy boot disk for my sarge system a
few month ago.  I finally ended up installing lilo, and it was suddenly
easy.  The tools available for making a boot floppy seem either to work
only with lilo, or else it's a lot harder to do with grub (and I never
figured out how).

-- hendrik