Re: debian sarge/testing question

Incoming from Michiel van Es:

> I have some questions about the upcoming Debian Sarge and the testing
> version Sarge right now:

It's not upcoming.  It's there now.  It's not deemed to be "Debian
Stable" yet, but it's been very usable for quite a while now.

> -is software raid suported during the installation like red hat does?
>  Can I create software raid /dev/md* devices and boot from it?

It was the last time I tried it.

> -is lilo still supported or is grub the default boot loader and does
> grub defaul install on a /dev/md* device like lilo does? (so I one disk
> fails..you can boot from the other...)

ALT-F2 takes you to another console where you can slap lilo or grub
around all you want.  In fact, that's what I had to do.  No problem.

> -can I simply upgrade my testing/sarge box to the Sarge Final release
> when it's done at 30 May 2005 ?

aptitude update && aptitude upgrade

> I am considering switching a second Linux distro next to CentOS/Red Hat
> which has great support,softraid and easy installation/package management.

Try the new Sarge installer before you talk about others' "easy
installation/package management."

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -