Re: looking for trouble shooting resouces

On 2005-05-05, germ germ penned:
> I just Install Debian and am unable to pull an IP. I think I may
> have configured something incorrectly or don't have a driver for the
> NIC.  Does anyone have any resouces they could recommend so I can
> fix this?

Well, maybe a few questions will help you formulate an attack plan.

Are you trying to get a dynamic or a static IP?

What does a search of 'eth' in the output of `dmesg` produce?

What is the output of `ifconfig -a`?

What do you remember about your choices in the network configuration
portion of the installation process?

A google search on 'debian network configuration' turned up a number
of promising links, including this one:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-gateway.en.html

--
monique