Gnome to KDE

When I boot up in to my Sarge, it automatically goes to the Gnome
style login screen. How do I make it go to the KDE type?

I also have a few more questions (such as why doesn't my internet work
even though I am connected and how do I log in as root with
Gnome-style login screen) but I wish to tackle the easiest out of
hand.

Thank you kindly.

I'm using kernel 2.4 some thing. (It wouldn't let me load any other!)
--
—Moose Moose Jam Sausage Meow-Mix.
—My Hover-Craft is Full of Eels.