Re: apt-get deprecated?

> Ok, I guess I'll have to be the one to mention it: What about
> Synaptic?  Works well for me.

Well, synaptic is good, i use it too and it works pretty well but throught ssh,
i still use apt-get or even dpkg in certain cases. About the question
concerning aptitude, it sure is ok but it is faster and easier to tell about
packages to install on one line using apt-get as an example than describing the
process of installing through aptitude. I have also to tell that scripting
automatical installations with aptitude would be less... WAY less funny in what
i know of this software (unless there's a command line like apt-get in which
case i don't really see the point...). Added to this, a simple copy/paste from
a documentation (since you mention it) to a console using a line apt-get is
faster than starting aptitude and do it all step by steps. I hope to have shown
advantages of apt over aptitudes in the cases you mentionned and hope to have
answered your question properly.

cya

Pierre Ancelot