Re: only 'umount -l' works with one of my usb sticks

Sometimes I noticed that File Alteration Monitor (fam) keeps
locking /mnt/USB1, maybe because a file manager has been opened and it
browses the directory where USB device is mounted.
As far as I know, the file manager uses famd to get rid of changes in
the filesystem, specially the browsed directories.
It is consistent with the fact that restarting famd with

/etc/init.d/fam restart

...unlocks the directory where USB is mounted, allowing further umount.

--
Pedro Fernández Presa <pfpresa@alcaparra.net>