SATA disk mounting point ?

Hi all,

I have Debian SID on my machine running on an IDE disk [No problem
here]. I also have 2 SATA (ntfs) disks on the silicon chipset of my
mobo [Those are the ones I can't mount]. I compiled my own kernel
(2.6.10) and got the kernel to see the two drives. When I do a "cat
/proc/scsi/scsi" I get :
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ATA      Model: WDC WD1200JD-00G Rev: 02.0
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ATA      Model: WDC WD2000JD-00H Rev: 08.0
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05

When I check the /proc/partition file, none of them show up there.
I tried mounting /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda but both return "mount:
/dev/sda1 is not a valid block device".

I did a Linux-Google search for "mount sata drive" but nothing useful
came up.

What am I missing here?

Thx,
ib

The covers of this book are too far apart.
                -- Book review by Ambrose Bierce.