unstable: keyboard map problem after update yesterday

hi!

After the last update using dselect yesterday, my keyboard map seems to have gone a bit bad.
More precisely, the 'at' has vanished from ALT_GR-'q'. My locale is

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

dumpkeys tells me

keycode  16 = +q
        shift   keycode  16 = +Q
        altgr   keycode  16 = at
        control keycode  16 = Control_q
        shift   control keycode  16 = Control_q
        altgr   control keycode  16 = Control_q

but it totally vanished from the display. After a kbd_mode -u or -a in a root console it is back for that console window, but not with a restarted gdm or Gnome X Display. When I type ALTGR-q, I simply get 'q'.

Any idea what might have changed yesterday? Keyboard configuration really is a pain in the ass... especially when it suddenly stops to work after such a long time that I have completely forgotten about where to look for configuration details.