sounds server

Which sound server do most people use? arts? esd? jack?

I've moved to ALSA, and using arts in conjunction with WindowMaker, and
some sounds lag. especially when running gaim and xmms.

ALSA was fairly straight forward once I found enough info on the web,
but getting simultaneous sounds when running xmms & gaim is still a
work in progress.

Thanks for the pointers/tips.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>