RE: high-speed scanner working with Debian

I've used several high speed scanners with linux.  They are really
nothing much more than high end copiers, only instead of making a paper
copy the send a JPEG, PDF, TIFF to any LDAP user via SMTP.

Of course these machines run at ~15,000 US (30PPM color).  Ricoh, Sharp,
Canon, etc. make them, some of them can reach speeds of 100PPM in B&W.