Re: nvidia not working after dist-upgrade. [WAS: Re: Help, X won't start after repartiotion of hdb]

On 27 Apr 05 12:35:05 GMT, Vegard|drageV <vegardlr@gmail.com> wrote:
> After doing  a dist-upgrade nvidia kernel module was upgraded, and X
> won't start at boot. I use kdm. Running '/etc/init.d/kdm start' gave
> no errormessages, but startx did:

[...]

>  OS Kernel: Linux version 2.4.27-1-386

Consider yourself lucky. There are no nvidia-kernel-2.6* packages so
I've grown resigned to losing X until I build a new kernel whenever
nvidia-glx is upgraded. I'm sure there's a way of just rebuilding the
nvidia-kernel-* packages but it happens infrequently enough that I'm
upgrading the kernel version anyway half of the time.

--
Frank Copeland
Home Page: <URL:http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fjc/>

Keep it in Usenet. E-mail replies and 'courtesy' copies are not welcome.
If you're selling, I ain't buying.