Re: OT: SCSI ultra320 on ultra160 adaptor

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 04:58 am, michael wrote:
> I can't find out from poking about on the Net whether I can plug a
> new U320 SCSI HD into a Ultra160 SCSI adaptor (Adaptec 39160 to be
> precise). Given the excessive price of U160 SCSI HDs over U320s I'd
> be happy to lose the performance in transfer rates as long as it
> worked. All pointers welcome!

AFAIK you can use any scsi drive as long as the connector is the same,
i.e. 68 pin , it is not a good idea to mix LVD & SE drives, for
performance purposes only. The scsi hba gives you the option to adjust
the sync rate for each drive,160 or 320.
--
Greg C. Madden