Re: dpkg problems with own compiled kernel

Hi

N.B. I have soled the problem by removing i2c-2.4.27 module, see other mail.

> Hi Martin
>
> If I understand you correctly, you're trying to in install a complete
> custom compiled kernel.
That is correct.

> Your .deb is 2Mb.  Thats a lot smaller than the standard debian 2.4.27
> kernel 10781.3 Kb.  Unless you changed the disabled a lot of modules,
> 2M is too small?
> Are you sure it built correctly?
The package is builded correct and there is allot of modules disabled sense
they aren't needed. I have been running that kernel configuration for a while
and both the new and the old kernel package gave the same error message.

> Can you unpack manually?
> Is `./lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/i2c/i2c-core.o' present?
> (kpackage or ark will allow you to list the files within a .deb)

The file exist in the deb-package but not on disc. For some reasons after
removing the i2c-2.4.27 module package (the file still don't exist on disc)
the kernel-image package now gets installable. I have no idea way... I have
the all the package if someone wants them...

Best regards
      Martin