ggv doesn't work after installation

Hi all,

I'm running Debian stable with a few applications upgraded to testing.
I just installed gnome-gv/stable (1.1.96-3.1), getting a lot of error
messages like

OMF-Datei [/usr/share/omf/nautilus/nautilus-user-manual-C.omf] konnte
nicht der ScrollKeeper-OMF DTD entsprechend für gültig erklärt werden:
/usr/share/xml/scrollkeeper/dtds/scrollkeeper-omf.dtd
/usr/share/omf/nautilus/nautilus-user-manual-C.omf konnte nicht
registriert werden

(I'm using $LANG=de_DE@euro).

After installation, clicking the ggv menu entry (Programme -> Grafik ->
GNOME Ghostview) results in nothing.  If I enter ggv in a terminal I get

ecki@EckisPC:~/tmp$ ggv
Gdk-ERROR **: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
ecki@EckisPC:~/tmp$

However, issuing ggv as root starts ggv and it's working but in the
terminal I have

EckisPC:/home/ecki/tmp# ggv

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
EckisPC:/home/ecki/tmp#

Any suggestions?

      Thanks a lot

              Ecki

  Dr. Eckhard Kosin
  Consulting in Mathematics and Simulation
  Am Nymphenbad 14
D-81245 München, Germany
  Phone, Fax: (+49)(+89) 835 844
  mailto: Eckhard.Kosin@online.de