Re: bios/kernel/xfree86

Anonymous Coward wrote:
> I have an HP Pavilion 8650C with a i810 onboard Intel graphics card.
> The card has worked on past systems. I have the latest XFree86 that
> Debian Sarge provides.

> [CODE]apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x03 (Driver version 1.16)
> [drm] AGP 0.99 Aperture @ 0xf8000000 64MB
> [drm] Initialized i810 1.2.1 20020211 on minor 0
> [drm:i810_unlock] *ERROR* Process 1294 using kernel context 0[/CODE]

What process is 1294? This might give you some clue to what the
problem is.

Take a look on what modules are loaded at boot and in what
order. Sometimes the loading of agp and drm modules must happen in a
specific order. Try temporarily to run with as few modules as possible
and remove anything that auto loads modules (discover/hotplug).

Might also be a good idea to ask about this on the dri-users mailing
list.