Re: login problems

On Sunday 24 April 2005 07:23 pm, kenny B wrote:
> hi. i am new to debian, and when i try to login, it says "the system
> administrator is not allowed to login from this screen" is there a
> different way i can login as the system administrator?
>
> thanks,
>
> kenny

Ken...
Login as your usual user and run 'gdmsetup'.  There is an option you can check to allow root to log in via gdm.  Like all the others, I don't recommend it and suggest you use sudo or su -c to run x-apps as root from a regular user login

--
Cheers: Mike

.. Now, a little humor compliments of Linux Fortune...

Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.