Re: login problems

On (24/04/05 19:23), kenny B wrote:
> hi. i am new to debian, and when i try to login, it says "the system
> administrator is not allowed to login from this screen" is there a
> different way i can login as the system administrator?
Hi Kenny

Root isn't normally permitted to log in via the x-window environment
(KDE, Gnome etc.).  During the install you should have created a user
account; if you didn't do:

Press Ctl+Alt+F1 which should give you a shell prompt #  .... then type:
# adduser $YOUR_NAME
fill in a passwd etc.

You can then log in using your username into a graphical environment.

You should also install sudo (I suggest using aptitude) which allows you
to grant root privileges to your username.  For more info type 'man
sudo' at the prompt.

Regards

Clive

--