Re: Creating your own Live-CD

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Anders Bergh wrote:

> Hi, I wonder if anyone on this list has made their own Live-CD or have
> any advice for creating one.. I'm atm planning to make one, however it's
> a bit tricky.

when you say live cd... i assume you mean that you want to be able to
have everything running only with the cd, like knoppix, et.al.

- to make it bootable, you will need:
	- isolinux  or you can use a bootable floppy image
	- than you will need an initrd if you didn't make a custom kernel
	- than you will need an rootfs ( / ) for the "live part" of it
		( /bin /dev /lib /sbin .. )

- you will need to decide, which apps you want on the cd, that is
  not available on the other gazillion standalone cd's

	what is it to be used for ??
	- for rescue ??
	- for security forensics ??
	- for a secure firewall ??