Re: 1920x1200 modeline for Dell 2405FPW

Once upon a time Angelina Carlton said...
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 01:51:49PM +1000, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> > I'm trying to get my widescreen LCD monitor (a Dell 2405FPWs) working with
> > a 1920x1200 resolution on the DVI port, but so far I've had no success.
> >
> I know nothing about ATI cards/drivers but here is my XF86config-4
>
>         Modeline        "DELL1920"  193.16  1920 2048 2256 2592  1200	1201 1204 1242  -HSync +Vsync
I've tried that modeline (that's what gtf generates, I think), but no
luck with it. When I try that, the screen blanks, backlight turns off
and in a couple of seconds the power button goes orange (power saving
mode).

> Also try this site to generate a mode http://xtiming.sf.net/

I had a play with this, and what I've found out is that the recommended
timings (from DDC from the monitor) have a VERY small horizontal and
vertical sync times (which was probably obvious to anyone well versed in
reading mode lines :-). I wonder if my video card cant handle such small
sync times?

> I hope you get it working!

Thanks. Still trying.