Linux hides my Fat32 data partition

Hi all,

being a relative newbie, and the fact that SWMBO uses my PC, I am still dual booting Debian Sarge (2.6.8) with WinXP. I have the following partitions on a 160gb SATA drive

WindowsXP - sda1 (NTFS)
Data - sda2 (Fat32)
Linux root - sda3
Linux Home - sda5
Linux Swap - sda6

My problem is that my data partition keeps disappearing from the WindowsXP environment and becomes hidden in Linux. The purpose of this partition is to store data that I want to access in both O/Ss and be able to modify it from both O/Ss as well, which is a bit difficult if I cant see it :).

I have tried goggling and found various references to Partition Magic which I don't own or use. The windows partitions were set up on installation, and I have since deleted the data partition and recreated it using Diskpart in WinXP (several times) and its OK until I reboot.

I am assuming its a problem with the MBR and maybe a bug in LILO. I've tried adding 'Data' as a separate entry in the LILO menu but it is still doesn't appear in WinXP.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Wackojacko

PS please don't suggest trying GRUB I've only just got used to how LILO works :-)