running a script on inserting a USB memory stick

Hi Reader,

Hope you can help...

I'd like my system to run a script when it sees I've inserted a USB memory stick.
Is there a daemon out there that can do that?

Currently every time I insert the disk, the system enters a bit of info about it in syslog. In other words, it is seeing a change. Namely a USB stick inserted.

Instead of running the script automaticly from cron every ten minutes, such a Daemon running it only when neccesary would be nicer right?

If anyone can point me?

Thanks,
Mark