Re: grub savedefault and saved does not seem to work

Apparently, _Benedict Verheyen_, on 21/04/05 05:38,typed:

I use a "default <n>" stanza where <n> is the n-th kernel of the kernels listed (-1 since it start from 0 so it's actually n-th-1) and this works with the kernels out and in the automagic kernel list

Regards,
Benedict

But that would fix the default kernel to boot from. I have been using "default saved" (or "default=saved") for a year or so in the laptop and it seems to working quite fine. What is strange is that the 'saved' option works in all other of my home computers (one running Sarge and the other Sid, both desktops). It used to work in the laptop as well before I reinstalled Sid a month or so ago. Since then grub defaults to the first option as if it was still reading "default=0" somewhere in the menu.lst file.

->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.