Re: Kernel choices

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:33:38PM +0200, Matthias Kaeppler wrote:
> If you ever happen to upgrade your kernel, copy the backed up .config to
>  /usr/src/<new-kernel-version> and run `make oldconfig`.
> This will build the new kernel based on your old config, and only ask
> for those options which are new.

Yep, I've done this many times before. And the other
poster's suggestion that I add in hardware options, compile,
then slowly remove components that I don't need is an
approach that I've also tried. I have a faster machine now,
but still each compile takes at least 20 minutes. I ran out
of patience for the process long ago.

I wonder if Linus has some speedy way of getting this done.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org