A state of udftools and creation of hybrid DVDs.

Hello everybody.

I would like to create UDF images (which then would be burned to DVD),
and it seems that udftools is the most suitable tool for that task,
since mkisofs' support of UDF is only in alpha stage (and it seems that
it is also not a standard compliant - for example, mkudffs allows filenames
up to 254 chars, and does not restrict a total length of a path, while
mkisofs won't allow total path length to exceed ~245 chars). There are
two problems, though.

First of all, it seems that udftools is a dead project - there were no
new realeses for more that a year, which means that it may contain
some nasty bugs which are not going to be taken care of.

Secondly, in order to ensure compatibility, I would have liked to
make a hybrid DVD - ISO/RockRidge/UDF, but obviously mkudffs is not
capable of producing hybrid DVDs.

What is your opinion about that?

Daniel