Re: Samba write permissions
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Samba write permissions
- From: Adam Aube <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:47:14 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Brendan Martens wrote:
> I'm having some trouble allowing my PCs to write to my samba share. I
> got samba working (finally, thanks to swat) however no one can write to
> the shares I made, even though I have "read only = no" set. Also I am
> using guest accounts, does that have anything to do with it?
Make sure the directory for the Samba share is writable by whatever local
user the Samba user "guest" is mapped to.