LVM2 Problem

Hello,

I am running the sarge distribution on an intel server kernel 2.4.27-2-686-smp
(2 Xeon 32Bit). Conectet to it via Adaptec AIC7902 Ultra320 SCSI adapter we have
a infortrent RAID cabinet with 16 x 250GB disks.

There is one global spare disk and 4 log disks defined. One of the logical disks
is used directly, having one partition of 478GB with no problems.

Te other 3 I would like to use with lvm2. Thus I have created a log vol which seemed to work. With lvdisplay I could see:

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/hlovg/hlovol
  VG Name                hlovg
  LV UUID                hnnHTN-uHT9-zsbV-JJf3-w1X3-m4vI-nf44UB
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 0
  LV Size                2.04 TB
  Current LE             535980
  Segments               3
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0
  Block device           254:0
But as I try to create a file system on it (mke2fs, mkreiserfs) I only get something below 47GB.

Yours Henrik