Re: how to use video out on debian sarge

Le Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:43:47 -0500, a.list.address@gmail.com a écrit :

> On 4/16/05, Hossam Hassan <hossamhassan85@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hello all,
>>
>> i have a ATI mobility radeon 9700 with a video out,i am running sarge on
>> a fujitsu siemens laptop.
>>
>> i want to output my screen to a projector using the video out in my laptop.
>>
>> is there a program to control that?

the xfree ati driver debian ship does not support tvout. The "gatos"
project is building such drivers for years, if you are skilled in building
programs from source you can rebuild xfree from source with the gatos
patch.
I have heard they are merging the changes in xorg though i cannot tell if
it is done. Their site will eb more up to date on this issue (then you
could to xorg without bothering of building a patched xfree)

else you could look after atitvout ( unmaintained and quite old but tvout
have not changed much in years).

> I've never done this myself, but recalling from other threads I've
> seen, I think you should look into "xinerama".

nope xinerama is about using two monitors to display one desktop.

The ati proprietary drivers support tvout .

Last but not least , video projector usually have a very low resolution .
Don't forget to enable 640x480 in your X configuration. They rarely
support much more.

Regards
Alban