Re: Easiest way of previewing a Linux distro

Bob Alexander wrote:

Under XP I have used VirtualPC which I find very very very easy to use.

What is the best equivalent to do test installs of other Linux desktop oriented distros or even (shudder) Win operating systems ? The support for a graphic screen is a must of course and also some "virtual networking" enabling FTP/HTTP from the virtual machine.

VMWare is not an option for me.

I'd love to know about your real experience.

Thank you,
Bob

There are several ways of testing distributions...

1) Qemu or Bochs, however these are quite slow as they emulate a x86 processor
2) VMware, it's quite fast as it's a high-level emulator
3) Live-CD's

Anders